Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday, a good day.







Hey everyone,



Today was a good day at the clinic. The Lord provided a nice little breeze for us this morning. We were pretty organized and everything seemed to go smoothly. I haven't mentioned our meals much, I don't think. We have a continental breakfast each morning on floor E (still don't know what that stands for). For lunch, there are a few women taking turns making meals for us. They are quite tasty. We have more variety in our lunches this trip. Last time it was the exact same thing everyday. I was a little panicky then..lol. Everyday for lunch they bring rice and beans, but we have a different type of meat and veggie with it. Three times for supper we have gone to the big mall to eat. Britt had sushi again tonight. It is cheaper and just as good as at home. (It is hard to type these blogs now, because I spend all day trying to speak portuguese). It makes my head crazy! I think this blog will mostly be random thoughts tonight. Sorry and I hope you can follow. Britt is doing my counting for me tonight, so I can blog and get my devotion ready for in the morning.



This afternoon started slowing down all of a sudden around 3:00, and we didn't know why. Then about 15 minutes later a thunderstorm came up and it started raining, and lightening. So, the Lord was doing a little traffic control for us before He sent some much needed rain. Britt along with Vial and a few others were helping take the tents down, when the loudest clap? of thunder I have ever heard roared, and then lightening filled the sky above them, and had to strike no more than 20 feet away. Vial and Britt were holding an arm load of metal poles and Vial just dropped them. But Britt? No. Just held onto to his as if to say,"Bring it on!". Thank the Lord no one got injured. We had a few patients to come even though it was raining so we saw those and then came back to the hotel.



This should hand you a laugh. I don't even know who it would be, but for some reason the children think I look like an actress from Grey's Anatomy and that Britt looks like Brad Pitt..lol. This may be one example of why they all want eyeglasses..lol



Britt just told me that we saw 156 today. We have been having lots of fun with our intepreter in between patients. He is very eager to learn English and it is really funny to hear him try.


I think that is all I have for tonight. I still have to get my devotion ready. Thanks again to all of you with encouraging words for us. They have been well absorbed each day. Please pray that the rain will not come too early tomorrow if at all. And thanks to whoever threw in the prayer for the breeze!! Good night to all and God Bless each of you!


love,

b&l

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all! Wow! What a day you had to share and we love the pictures! I especially love the pix of those precious children. I also noticed Britt seemed to be sitting a bit straighter in one shot...Brad Pitt, eh? Grey's Anatomy actress, too? Woohoo! Evergreen will never be the same..... Seriously, we're thinking of you lots and praying for you, keeping things you mention in mind as we do so. We pray and trust that God will give you extra restful sleep and that He will keep you "well fueled" with energy for your busy days...also praying for more of those good breezes. Y'all be extra careful. You two are such an inspiration to us all. Take care now and know we love you lots...hugs, Linda Fikes ^j^