Monday, October 13, 2008

First Day of clinic -Monday



Hey again!



I am at least starting this blog earlier tonight. It is 6:15 here and we have to be on the bus in 15 minutes to go to the mall and eat. I hope I am able to upload a few pics from yesterday and today when we get back. Britt is sitting on the bed watching a portuguese speaking movie, staring into the screen as if he understood every word. I think he may be a little pooped.



Today was the first day we saw patients at the clinic and it went pretty well I thought. We saw about 178 patients at the clinic and many more were visited and treated in their homes. That was one thing they asked of us while we were in the area. The city officials here were anxious for us to visit some of their shut-ins. Britt will get to do this tomorrow. He had a boring job today. Because of lack of room, he did not get to see patients (as a doctor) today. Instead he helped me triage. I saw the patient first and asked them all the questions on our triage sheet and then I passed them to him and he took their blood pressure, temp, glucose reading etc. He didn't like it very much because I did ALL the talking. We had an enterpreter for half the day and then they took him, and I believe I will be without one again.


Ok, I'm back. Just been out for a bite to eat at the mall...very large and nice. Britt had Sushi and I had a form of McDonalds. They have a roller coaster in the mall and a few other carnival type things. Britt is in the shower now and I am laughing because I am listening to him practice his portuguese...lol. I found out that I have to do our group's devotion tomorrow so I really have to hurry on here tonight. A devotion at 6:30??? These people are nutso. j/k


There were many decisions made to follow after Christ today, but I don't know the exact number yet.


Britt was able to call his mother from a satellite phone while we were at the clinic. We will elaborate about that very cool thing when we get back. Ok, I am going to send some pics tonight I think, so I am going to try to work on that now. We are having a blast, but miss home as well. We love everyone and hope you have a great day tomorrow!
I just tried to send some pics and it would only load one...sorry..I will try more tomorrow.

Britt and Lindsay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dad and I just prayed for u both. We also just read the blog for the first time.Now we know to pray for your puctuality.we love you! Donna and Daddy P.S.We saw Camden Reid last nite.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I am so proud of you Lindsay. I pray for you and Britt and your success there. Amber says hello and that we love yall. We will be praying for you all!

Chris Vail